Knit, purl, blog.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

More Spinning


Tweed Superwash Handspun
Originally uploaded by Frith
Here's a 3-ply handspun superwash wool from a batt dyed and blended by Miss Babs. There's around 260 yards of worsted weight yarn, destined for a Koolhaas hat.

I also spun up a kid mohair/alpaca batt from another seller. It's very soft, but it was a pain to spin because the turquoise dye kept coming off on my hands and clothes. I gave it multiple rinses and a few glugs of vinegar when I finished it. Hopefully it will behave now. (And never fear, the horrified seller refunded my money when I told her about it.)
Mohair/Alpaca Superwash Handspun

But really, I should be knitting right now. I've got a deadline on an "I Do" shrug coming up in less than 3 weeks. I'd show a picture, but unblocked lace is just depressing.