Knit, purl, blog.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Good Golly, Miss Molly

molly

Let me assure you, Molly: This hurts me more than it hurts you.

classicsilk

I think taking about 32 stitches out of the body should do it.

At least I have an FO to show, too:

sneakpeak

This is the Sneak-a-Peak Tank, a Web-only project from Interweave Knits that seems to have disappeared from the site.
And yes, that netting is crochet.

Take a look at the back:

back

And there's a hot-weather option:

bare

I only made a few modifications to the pattern: I made the straps only 10 stitches long, and I omitted the final neck treatment. I'm liking the drapiness of this neck for the time being. Maybe I'll change my mind later and give it a try. It's supposed to be more halter-like in the original.

The crochet wasn't difficult, but it did take a few tries for me to get the tension consistent enough. It went pretty quickly, though.

This took 4 balls of Berroco cotton twist.