Knit, purl, blog.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Swappity Swap

I came home from vacation to find my Spinning Roving Swap package. Yay!

swapreceived

Isn't it lovely? Kaity, my wonderful secret pal, sent 4 oz. of merino in "Fall Squall," blues with hints of brown. There's also a large bag of soysilk, which I'm very excited to dye and try spinning. Kaity even sent a beautiful skein of Claudia Hand Painted Yarns' merino fingering in "Just Plum," which I love. It's such a pretty colorway. Not pictured are the Reese's Bites, which my husband broke into last night, and a copy of Madge from Knittyspin. What a haul! I'm looking forward to trying the pattern.

I sent my pal's package today:

Spinning Roving Swap package

The green fiber is BFL I dyed especially for my pal. There are also a few other things for her to try: some smaller amounts of llama, kid mohair, cotton, a cotswold mix, a bit of romney, and a little sample of sari silk to mix in with something else. Hopefully she'll have fun with it. I also took the opportunity to get spinner's control cards for my pal and for me. I'm hoping these will be faster to use on the fly than actually measuring wpi.