Knit, purl, blog.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sockies!


P1010124
Originally uploaded by Frith.

My first little sockies are done, and I'm so proud.

Pattern: Fibertrends Raindrop Lace Socks
Yarn: Too lazy to look at the moment, but they were from a yard sale in Berkeley
Needles: 1.5 dpns

I started these before Christmas. The first one took several weeks. The second took about three days. I was so proud of the first, I wore it every evening this week. The other foot got jealous. It threatened to kick the hands if it didn't got its sock soon.

I see more socks in my future. I want to try different heel and toe methods, too. Not that I have any idea which heel and toe methods I just used, but I like variety.

Next up: the corset sweater. It's languished in my knitting basket for way too long -- partly because I dread trying to remember where I left off. I really should take better notes as I knit.