Knit, purl, blog.

Monday, January 02, 2006

First Sock


sock1
Originally uploaded by Frith.

After years of hating wearing socks, I've had a change of heart (or perhaps a change of sole). My feet get cold easily in my old age.

I picked up some sock yarn and a few patterns at a yard sale in Berkeley. My first sock is a Fiber Trends Raindrop Lace Sock. Hopefully it will have a twin in good time.

I don't have much to say about the process yet -- I haven't reached the heel, and I've never minded dpns. And since I'm taking extra-special care of my hands these days, it might be awhile yet before I even finish.

I have discovered a weakness for knitting socks while taking a bath. The air is warm, so my hands are happy. I'm warm, so I'm happy. And my fingers aren't in the water, so they don't get too wrinkly. Aside from the yarn tail getting soaked, it's bliss.

Genius, pure genius.