Knit, purl, blog.

Sunday, July 30, 2006


Originally uploaded by Frith.

I just finished plying 100 grams of hand-dyed BFL from Sweet Georgia Yarns. I added in a strand of beads and sequins while plying, and I spun a whisper of Angelina fiber into the singles. I didn't use many beads or sequins, so I'm hoping the overall effect is subtly iridescent.

I found it very difficult to control the plying with the added hassle of plying the thread (slightly behind the plying of the singles) and adding in beads and sequins at somewhat regular-ish intervals. Hopefully the skein isn't too overplied.

I'll leave it on the niddy-noddy for as long as I can stand it before setting the twist.