Knit, purl, blog.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Frith-agamo


frithagamo
Originally uploaded by Frith.

Inspired by photos in the fashion magazines, and helped immeasurably by pictures and a beta version of the stitch] on Kate's blog, knit lit, I crafted this. Kate will send you a PDF of the actual pattern she used, but I was not physically capable of waiting a couple of days for it to arrive.

Instead of continuing the stitch pattern at the top, as she did, I tried something a little different: a crocheted top to provide more stability and a bit of contrast. I only know how to do the most basic crochet stitch, but that's fortunately the one I wanted.

I just need to sew up the bag, add the corkscrew curly things to the bottom, craft some sort of lining (this makes me a little nervous, as sewing is not my strength), and cut and paint a dowel for the handles.