Knit, purl, blog.

Monday, June 27, 2005

We Interrupt This Knitting Blog...

to bring you an experiment in crochet.

Yes, the pictures of the mysterious Japanese cat are here.


I don't know really know anything about this cat, as the book is in Japanese. But for some reason, I have to make it.

Does this help explain the obsession?


No?

Anyway, the body is done:


I'm not sure about some of the other directions, but how wrong could I go?

By the way, I'm convinced that if I study this pattern long enough, I'll learn Japanese. The same way that if I spend enough time with the La Boheme libretto, I'll learn Italian.

Back to knitting.

This thing that looks like nothing is the Flower Basket Shawl. My progress is painfully slow. Like, row-by-row slow. But look, I'm almost done with the first skein. That means I'm halfway through.



Okay, the baby is crying and the dog is vomiting up barely chewed shrimp parts. I am needed.