Knit, purl, blog.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Why start only one project?

Instead, start two. I'm about 1/3 of the way through my clapotis and I've just casted on for the corset sweater. The clapotis is good relatively mindless knitting (although the pattern is genious), and the sweater requires thinking. So there's a little something for any mood. These days, I'm much more likely to opt for mindless, so I suspect the clapotis will be finished well before the other.

But I'm so excited to wear the sweater that I bought a skirt in anticipation last weekend. It has little buckles that I think will set off the cinch straps on the sweater quite nicely.

Somebody get this woman some help.

Anyhoo, the cotton (Filatura Elena) for the sweater has a firmness about it that I like. And blue-faced Leicester wool for clapotis is pretty soft. And I love the crazy candy colors.